A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Azure Cloud Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing our Azure-based infrastructure. We will make sure that you are not bored at Taxually.
What you'll be doing
We don't like providing detailed tasks lists but the below might give you a steer on the type of work you can expect:
- Work in a team of software engineers, but take infrastructure decisions alone
- Coordinate infrastructure changes with multiple development teams
- Improve and optimise the infrastructure of our existing cloud solutions
- Estimate infrastructure costs and recommend cost saving initiatives
- Research and evaluate new cloud technologies
- Coach developers on cloud technologies and infrastructure as code
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipeline templates
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Good communication skills
- At least senior level of knowledge on Azure
- Experienced Azure DevOps user and administrator
- Knows how to build a secure infrastructure
- Loves agile, but understands it is not a silver bullet
- C# .NET developer experience
- Terraform knowledge
- Collaborative: you like working with other engineers and domain experts
- Adaptability to frequent context quickly
- Curiosity: you ask “why” a lot, and will never do something “just because”
- You're outspoken about your opinions and proactive about testing the hypotheses they imply
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and things changing on a regular basis. Iteration is a thing you can never have too much of
- AWS, ElasticCloud, SqlServer administrator skills are an advantage
What you can count on:
We're expecting (and happy) to work out a package for you that benefits us mutually. These are some of the constants that you can expect from us in that regard:
- A competitive compensation package
- A fully remote-first company (EU time zones preferred). We have people working in Hungary, the UK, Germany, Austria, Romania, China, Argentina and more. We have a physical space in a beautiful central location in Budapest, Hungary.
- Generous programme to outfit your home office. Option for a co-working space stipend in certain cases
- A great company to work at, and an early place in a fast growing, highly profitable scale-up
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.