A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We are looking for a German and English speaking Sales Manager to join a fast-growing, VC backed, Tax technology challenger brand disrupting the traditional Indirect Tax compliance market.
What you'll be doing
As a Sales Manager, you’ll play a significant part in growing the client portfolio in the DACH market by closing new business deals within the Enterprise Sales Team. With assistance from the Head of Sales and Enterprise Account Director, you’ll be solely responsible for the DACH region, and will be pivotal in our growth as a team, and as a business. Due to the start-up nature of our business, there are huge opportunities for personal growth within the company, with our flat structure allowing for our employees to pave their own future.
You’ll learn the basics of Indirect Tax (VAT) and also learn the fundamentals of scaling a successful global tech brand.
Your role will include:
- Book meetings with prospective clients
- Host demos for prospective clients
- Uncovering potential areas within the prospects business in which they can benefit from using our software
- Producing all follow up documentation
- Keeping CRM up to date
- Controlling sales process from initial meeting to further necessary meetings accordingly to the sales funnel process
- Collaborating with the wider company team to convert your prospects into genuine sales opportunities and future clients
- Move prospective clients through the sales cycle
- Effectively track the pipeline and movement of prospective clients through the sales cycle
- Build network using LinkedIn
- Manage existing clients as commercial account manager and leverage existing client relationships for additional leads
- Curate presentations for prospective clients
- Liaise closely with the Enterprise Management team of VAT experts, and work closely with the Business Development team
- Contract/pricing curation and negotiation
- Travel to prospects and clients
What skills will be useful
- Open minded, adaptable and resilient
- Strong team player
- 3-4 years experience B2B sales experience (preferably in SaaS or VAT)
- Highly organised - you will be managing a large opportunity pipeline and will need to use methods and tools to ensure productivity
- Self-motivated happiest when you’re trusted to make your own decisions.
- Tenacious and persistent - you’re not discouraged easily and relish pursuing your goals
- Empathetic to your colleagues and your clients
- Challenging but realistic targets motivate you
- You understand the connection between effort and reward and will bring plenty of energy to work each day
- Contribute to the company culture and resonate with our core values - we are a real close knit team and everybody helps everybody
What you can count on
We're expecting (and happy) to work out a package for you that benefits us mutually. These are some of the constants that you can expect from us in that regard:
- A competitive compensation package
- A fully remote-first company (EU time zones preferred). We have people working in Hungary, the UK, Germany, Austria, Romania, China, Argentina and more. We have a physical space in a beautiful central location in Budapest, Hungary.
- Generous programme to outfit your home office. Option for a co-working space stipend in certain cases
- A great company to work at, and an early place in a fast growing, highly profitable scaleup
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.