A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We've built some of the best tax technology that the world has to offer, and we're keen to further expand our teams - that's where you come in. We're looking for a full time Junior Financial Associate for one of our French entities, Taxually Sarl (based in Paris), to support our financial department.
What you'll be doing
Here are a few hints on what you are expected to do at Taxually:
- creating and updating financial spreadsheets, reviewing and reconciling bank statements
- monitoring incoming and outgoing payments, reconcile them
- processing payments and managing invoices
- various administrative tasks related to french VAT payments
- handling under/ overpayments, initiate refunds if necessary, reporting discrepancies
- collecting and reviewing data for reports
- work together with our French team on a daily basis, inform them about the payment statuses
- cooperate with our customer care team who are in direct contact with clients
- reporting to our finance department
- stabilise the system and work on new processes.
- work together with our HR department when it comes to French matters
- prepare expense sheets and payments for employees
- communicating with our french accountants
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Fluent English
- Native French
- 1-2 years of working experience in a similar role
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, degree in accounting or finance
- Good organisational skills
- Time management skills and patience
- Analytical skills
- Solid knowledge of Excel (macro not needed)
- Process improvement mindset - suggesting improvements in transparency, efficiency and reducing time/cost
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently
- Courage to ask questions
- Fully remote for now, hybrid working once we have an office
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.