A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We're looking for a Client manager to join our Enterprise team dealing with corporate clients. The role entails managing VAT compliance matters for our clients, performing VAT compliance technical tasks as well as getting involved with technological troubleshooting. Client managers are also responsible for managing our client accounts/engagements from a business point of view.
We have built some of the best tax technology that the world has to offer, to raise the bar even further we need creatively minded tax compliance specialists to ensure the quality of our tools and delivery for our clients - that's where you come in.
What you'll be doing
As a Client manager, you will be working directly with our clients while taking good care of them through managing our indirect tax compliance engagements. This will include multiple activities, such as:
- You will act as first point of contact for clients and develop strong client relationships.
- Your everyday VAT compliance technical tasks include: handling client and tax authority requests related to tax compliance process, liaising internally and externally; resolving requests; managing expectations.
- Troubleshooting requires understanding of client issues: you will analyze matters whether technical or data related and what the appropriate business response may be and action on these.
- While interacting with clients, you will be delivering product training to them - explaining how to use the Taxually platform.
- For new clients or when existing clients bring new work to us, you will help with onboarding: mapping client transaction flows and setting these up in Taxually platform; you may also need to deal with the legal transitional aspect of onboarding time to time.
- Taxually is a technology company in the field of tax compliance: when working with our corporate clients, you will face indirect tax technical matters that require you to have a strong understanding of EU VAT.
- You will also be managing our client engagements (eg. making sure we raise invoices for our services and make sure our undertakings make sense from a business point of view).
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless, bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Client focus and client centricity - a drive to help our clients succeed with their VAT compliance undertakings
- Detailed understanding of VAT compliance processes for EU countries and a strong understanding of EU VAT rules and principles
- 6+ years of VAT compliance experience
- Previous experience with tax technology or a strong interest in the area
- Fluent English and additional languages are a great asset
- Ability to explain complex issues in an easy and understandable manner
- Great attention to detail
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.