A little about who we are
Taxually was founded in 2018 with the aim of helping businesses calculate VAT amounts in 40 countries and automatically submit their VAT returns.
Taxually's mission is to make tax compliance easy so businesses can thrive. We are doing this by seamlessly connecting taxpayers and tax authorities through a simple and intuitive global tax platform. So far on our mission, we have made VAT compliance easier than ever before through end-to-end automation of VAT registrations, data management, filing and workflow.
We are continuing to build the most advanced tax technology platform in the world through a dedicated and mostly remote team. As a result, you'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
We don't offer baroque job titles or set up rigid reporting lines. Instead, we build our team through trust, equality and fairness, giving our people autonomy and freedom to achieve their highest potential, and of course making tax compliance easier than ever before.
What we look for
We're looking for a Tax manager to join our Tax team and establish tax operations in The Netherlands. We have built some of the best tax technology that the world has to offer, to raise the bar even further we need creatively minded tax specialists to ensure the quality of our tools and delivery for our clients - that's where you come in.
What you'll be doing
As a Country Tax Manager for The Netherlands, you will be a leading person for both our product and delivery of compliance services in The Netherlands. This will involve multiple activities, including:
- Monitoring tax news and sharing the knowledge with other teams
- Updating and testing tax returns produced by our software
- Collaborating with our Product team on adding new countries and advanced features
- Managing VAT registrations and filing of VAT returns in The Netherlands
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with the tax authorities
- Managing fiscal representative responsibilities of our company in The Netherlands
- Assisting clients with queries and tax audits
What skills will be useful
With the right attitude there is nothing you can't achieve. Nevertheless, bringing the following fundamental skills may help you succeed in your role at Taxually:
- Detailed understanding of VAT rules and compliance processes in The Netherlands, knowledge of VAT in other countries is beneficial
- 5 - 7 years of tax advisory or VAT compliance experience
- Previous experience with tax technology or a strong interest in the area
- Fluent English, Dutch and additional languages are a great asset
- Ability to explain complex issues in an easy and understandable manner
- Great attention to detail
What you can count on
You'll get to work in one of the hottest tax technology startups in the world right now. You'll receive excellent training and guidance from our team members who believe in what Taxually stands for. The type of person who works here is driven, motivated, empowered and proud.
Don't meet all of the role requirements?
Don't worry! We care about outcomes rather than tickbox criteria, and it's often the case that the perfect person for the role has a CV that looks a little different.
Research (by Harvard University 🤓) shows that women are particularly likely to second-guess themselves and not apply — so if you’re worried you don’t meet all the criteria, get in touch anyhow and let us do the worrying.
At Taxually, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We're particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.